Friday, March 16, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

Lucky the Leprechaun visited my classroom every day this week! He left a note each day along with a present for the class. He left books, crafts, writing activities, and Lucky Charms to graph.  The kids were so excited each day to see what Lucky would leave for us. We also had a very wet week with many rainy day recesses which made it difficult to coordinate "surprise" leprechaun visits.


Lucky's notes from the week


My students wrote letters and Lucky wrote back in green ink.
Notice the end of this one. There always has to be a sceptic!


Lucky Charms Sort and Graph
Worksheets are from Teachers Clubhouse


Who is more precious than gold to you? This idea was from Pamela from First Class Teacher.


Books from Lucky

Leprechaun footprints!



5 comments:

Lyndsey (A Year of Many Firsts) said...

How stinkin' cute! What a fun idea. I like that it was a weeks worth of excitement. :)

Lyndsey
A Year of Many Firsts

Erica said...

So cute! I love the footprints and the pot or gold/rainbow activity.
Erica

Sprinkles to Kindergarten

Think, Wonder, and Teach said...

I love the skeptic!!

Misty
Think, Wonder, & Teach

Sharon Dudley said...

Shannon, these ideas are so fabulous! I love how you brought magic into the classroom. I do something similar with the Gingerbread Boy, leading to a hunt throughout the school for him. It would be so cool if you could come over and visit my blog! Thanks,

Sharon Dudley, NBCT
http://teachingwithsight.blogspot.com

Shawna said...

It looks like your kids had a great time! I am a fellow TBTS member and I wanted to come introduce myself. I am looking forward to chatting with you and learning a lot from all the other teachers that have the same goal with their blog!
Shawna
The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

Post a Comment