Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lunchbox Linky


Tara at 4th Grade Folics is having a fun lunchbox linky party.







Here's my lunchbox. I recently upgraded from a brown paper Starbucks bag. I picked up this cute little bag from our school fundraiser via Mixed Bag.



My lunch generally consists of some type of leftover, fruit, and a protein bar that I usually eat for breakfast or after school. Today's leftover was jambalaya. I often carry that fruit back and forth for a few days before I eat it. It's not that I don't like fruit, but my first impulse is to reach for something not so...healthy.

My lunch is from 11:45-12:25. It is a duty free lunch, thank goodness. I always eat in the staff room. I have plenty to do in my classroom, but I find that I really need that few minutes of down time each day. When we are feeling really crazy, we go out for lunch at Taco Bell. This is generally only 3-5 times a year! We also have a few staff development days sprinkled throughout the year where we get an entire hour for lunch. Woohoo!

My husband, who I've been married to for 12 years, recently emailed me on a Friday and asked if I wanted to meet him for lunch. He has never, in 12 years, met me for lunch on a school day. It went something like this:

Husband: Do you want to meet for lunch?
Me: Sure, you do realize I only have 40 minutes for lunch?
Husband: Really? Aren't you guys always going out to lunch?
Me: Sometimes we go to Taco Bell, that's all we have time for.
Husband: Hmmm... (hates fast food)

How is it possible that he has been married to me my entire teaching career and has no idea that I do not have time to go out to lunch with him? I guess I need to complain about my short lunch break a little more. He ended up bringing me lunch and we ate in my classroom. It was a nice and unexpected treat. I doubt he'll be asking me to have lunch with him again anytime soon!




16 comments:

Tara said...

Thanks for linking up:) Wow...40 minutes for lunch!!! That's awesome!!! I feel like I am always slamming lunch down cuz there's not time!!! Your lunchbag is adorable! Love the colors!!!

4th Grade Frolics

Jill said...

My fruit stays in my bag for a few days too! And that was so nice of your husband to bring you lunch and eat with you. :)

Marvelous Multiagers!

The Colorful Apple said...

Haha I complain about my short lunch alll the time! And my school is kinda in the middle of nowhere - the closest thing is Dunkin Donuts and that is still 15 minutes away and we only have 20 mins for lunch!

The Colorful Apple said...

...I hit publish before I was done with my comment - oops. Do you like your Mixed Bag? My school is doing that fundraiser right now and I'm wondering how durable they are.

Sara :)
livs14@gmail.com
Smiling In Second Grade

Corinna said...

That is so funny about the fruit, I am the same way;) What a sweet story about your husband bringing you lunch. I never leave campus for lunch, we don't have anything nearby except a grocery store and a Starbucks about a mile away, but if I forget lunch the school lunch isn't so bad.

Aloha,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second

Becky said...

I just found your blog through the Lunchbox Linky! Come check mine out sometime!
Becky
Teaching, Learning, & Loving

Mrs. Siegel said...

Jealous! Duty-free lunch :-\

Found you through Tara's Lunchbox Linky! Can't wait to stalk you.

Summyr
theteachaholic.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Tag, you're it! Come to my blog to play along!
Becky
Teaching, Learning, & Loving

Wolfelicious said...

Hi! I found your blog through TBTS! I am your 101 follower!

April
Wolfelicious

Tamera Wilson said...

Hi Shannon!
I am your newest follower & have tagged you!
Stop by my blog to see the details.
:)
Tamera

http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com/2012/04/surprises-2-tags.html

Mrs. Siegel said...

Tag! You're it! Check out my blog to see what to do next...

Summyr

theteachaholic.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love your blog and your great ideas. I'm your newest follower! Thank you for posting photos of your projects! I teach kindergarten and would love for you to hop over to my blog if you have a chance.
Kinder-Craze
Maria

Heather said...

Hi Shannon,
I found your blog on TBTS. Very cute! Unfortunately, I did not choose to have duty-free lunch (I can leave 30 min. early). I also have a mixed-bag. I did a fundraiser last year for my daughter's dance class. BTW I am your newest follower!
Have a great day!
Heather B.

Krazy about Kindy

Kinder Alphabet said...

Hello my TBTS friend. Your blog is adorable:)

-Lidia

Susie-Q said...

I'm your newest follower! I found you through TBTS!

TheJugglingTeacher

Unknown said...

Shannon,

I found your blog on the TBTS spreadsheet and I am so excited to see what 2013 has in store for you! So far, I think your blog looks great and I love your ideas:)

Alyssha
Teaching and Tapas: 2nd Grade in Spain

Post a Comment