Sunday, March 11, 2012

Potato Head Glyphs

On Friday, we made these fun Mr. or Mrs. Potato Head Glyphs. I love this project because it doesn't require any copying. If your school is like mine, wrestling with the copy machines is a constant battle! All the parts are cut free hand by the kids. In addition to the bonus of not having to fight the copy machine, all of them come out a little different because the kids get to create the parts themselves.












Click on the images to download a copy of the glyph worksheets.



6 comments:

Sandi said...

Your Potato-heads are super cute! What a fun idea.

Sandi
http://rubberbootsandelfshoes.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Andrews said...

These are so cute! I'm so glad I just found your blog to follow! I'd love for you to stop by my blog!

Kaleigh's Klassroom

Michelle said...

I love your potato heads! They are so cute and with St. Patrick's Day just around the corner, it's the perfect time of year to do a potato activity. Thank you for the glyph worksheet.

I found your blog through the linky party. If you love linky parties, stop by my blog I'm having one, too. I hoping veteran teachers will pass along words of wisdom to new teachers. I'm going to make a pinterest board with all of the advice for next year's newbies.

Michelle
Teach123

Erica said...

These are too cute! Thanks for sharing them. I am your newest follower.

Erica

Sprinkles to Kindergarten

Lori said...

Super cute glyphs! I pinned it for you!
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

Unknown said...

we tried too. what fun:)

http://deryakuzulari.blogspot.com/2013/04/potato-heads.html

Post a Comment